In production areas, common communication systems such as fieldbus, Interbus or Profibus have increasingly been replaced by PROFINET, an Ethernet-based data communication system.
The growing relevance of WLAN in the production environment is hardly surprising, because compared to fixed cabling, it enables flexible data transmission between machines. In addition, employees can easily access devices, applications and data.
However, in addition to economic advantages - since standard components are now used for data exchange - this circumstance also offers enormous potential for danger. With the increasing networking of production systems, which in some cases extends into the office world, the complexity and vulnerability of the networks is increasing.
- Linking all the production equipment without any risk to the existing network or the production itself
- Ensuring immediate access to production systems for maintenance technicians by defining specific communication channels and appropriate security of these channels
- Ensuring the integrity of the network by only granting network access for the defined (internal and approved) devices
- Supporting the ISO 27001 certification
- Monitoring and control of all the devices present in the network (live asset management) and documentation of all accesses to the network
- Different access control to selected network areas like production VLAN and office VLAN
- Defining specific data routes and transfer interfaces for better and more specific protection of sensitive data like technological know-how or production data
*BSI: Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik = Federal Office for Information Security
- Minimal maintenance and low operating costs thanks to SaaS
- Exact network segmentation
- Individual policies can be defined at user level and device level
- Flexible and adaptable implementation of compliance requirements
- Comprehensive overview of the use of individual resources
- Fulfillment of verification requirements according to ISO, PCI or also GDPR requirements
- Hosted in Germany
Siempelkamp makes Its Network Protection even more comprehensive
Siempelkamp chooses macmon NAC to standardize and improve its network protection across multiple locations, accelerate its query processing times by at least 60 percent and simplify its administration work significantly.
HIGH TECH NEEDS HIGH SECURITY
G. KRAFT Maschinenbau GmbH is a member of this network and a leading manufacturer of special machines and systems for various industries. The combination of Sophos Central and macmon NAC provides a powerful combination of threat detection and endpoint isolation with low administrative costs. The potential for optimizing the security processes was an important factor in the decision to choose macmon.