The English trade magazine Network Computing has subjected macmon NAC to an extensive user test in their test lab. The company was in the focus of the IT security journalists since the Network Computing Awards 2023, which recognized the best cybersecurity projects and companies. The winner of the “Best International Projects” category was macmon secure, who implemented a network access control (NAC) solution for a National League soccer club. The runner-up was also macmon secure, with a project for a popular German chocolate manufacturer.
macmon NAC has now been put through its paces and the testers came to a very positive conclusion: macmon NAC is a network access control solution that protects networks from unauthorized devices and intruders. The experts said that the product offers many features and benefits, such as:
- It is simple to deploy and maintain, as it does not require agents or sensors, and it queries all manageable switches in the network.
- It supports the industry standard 802.1X and has its own embedded RADIUS server for authentication.
- It can see all endpoints, regardless of their type, location, or manufacturer, and classify them into groups with different access levels.
- It can enforce NAC policies using predefined rules, VLAN management and captive web portals.
- It can integrate with a wide range of third-party security solutions and even offers a framework to add custom integrations.
Business Director ,
macmon secure GmbH & Co. KG:
“The test results describe the installation and configuration process of our product and provides some examples of how it can be used in different scenarios, such as homogeneous and heterogeneous infrastructures, large non-transparent networks, mobile users and operational technologies.”
macmon secure GmbH has been developing network security software since 2003 and is based in the heart of Berlin. macmon secure extends its proven protection to all enterprise resources in the cloud in 2021 with its zero-trust network access strategy, and is the only provider of NAC plus SDP with Identity and Access Management from Germany.The products macmon NAC (Network Access Control solution) and macmon SDP (Secure Defined Perimeter) are used worldwide to protect networks and cloud resources from unauthorized access. macmon has a broad diverse range of customers varying throughout all industries, capturing SMB’s, medium sized enterprises through to large international corporations. Since its acquisition in 2022, macmon secure has been part of the Industrial Automation Solutions (INS) division of Belden Inc.